During October, SkinBase are donating £1 from every SkinBase treatment to Breast Cancer Now.
£7154 Raised in Three Weeks
So far the total raised for Breast Cancer Now stands at a massive £7154 and we still have another 7 days to go! Our SkinBase therapists have been extra busy carrying out treatments to support this amazing charity and raising awareness for a fantastic cause. Breast Cancer affects 1 in 8 women during their lifetime and over 55,000 women and men are diagnosed each year.
We are not just raising money but raising awareness for Breast Cancer so please take a few minutes to read the advice we have shared below about signs to look for and how to check your breasts.
Check Your Breasts
There are many different signs and symptoms of breast cancer, so checking your breasts for any unusual change is important. Common breast cancer signs and symptoms include:
- A lump or swelling in the breast, upper chest or armpit. You might feel the lump, but not see it.
- Changes in the size or shape of the breast
- A change in skin texture i.e. puckering or dimpling of the skin
- A change in the colour of the breast – the breast may look red or inflamed
- Rash, crusting or changes to the nipple
- Any unusual discharge from either nipple
- It is the most common cancer in the UK.
- Over 55,000 women are diagnosed with breast cancer each year in the UK
- Thanks to research, more people are surviving breast cancer than ever before,
- Nearly 1,000 women die of breast cancer every month in the UK.
- One in eight women in the UK will face breast cancer in their lifetime
- Over 80% of breast cancers occur in women over the age of 50.
- Getting the all clear isn’t the end. More than half (53%) struggled with anxiety at the end of treatment and nearly a third (31%) with depression.
- Breast cancer doesn’t always mean a lump. Other less well known symptoms include a nipple becoming inverted or a change in texture of the skin.