Every change in season affects your skin. With a few minor adjustments you can ride the wave from winter to perfect spring skin without too much hassle. As long as you have a good basic routine established, it is possible to shift seamlessly from winter to spring.
Your skin has different needs in different seasons. The shift from icy cold winter to spring can cause skin to become dry and irritated. When the sun makes an appearance and the weather starts to warm up you should be prepared.
Thanks to rising pollen levels (flowers and grass bloom in spring), spring can be a tricky season to deal with. You may be dealing with allergies which can aggravate skin. Rubbing your eyes and touching your face can cause bacteria to transfer over and over throughout the day. This leads to clogged pores and breakouts.
The SkinBase™ Beauty Guides
We’ve created a series of free beauty guides
on a range of skin conditions…
Discover the beauty guides
How Can You Deal With Spring Skin?
- Start your spring by exfoliating away the winter layers of your skin. Give your pores a helping hand as spring begins. Microdermabrasion is the perfect solution to sloughing away the old winter skin to reveal the fresh new layer underneath.
- The best way to know whether you are exfoliating enough is how effective your products are. Do they absorb well and does makeup glide on easily?
- Aim to exfoliate once a week and use lightweight moisturisers that soak up instantly.
- Don’t forget your SPF. Even on cloudy and chilly days, spring sun can be more damaging than summer sun. More people get sunburn on cloudy days due to lack of protection. It you can’t see the sun it doesn’t mean the UV rays aren’t there!
- Wearing less make-up can help to keep your skin clear as it allows your skin to breathe. Focus instead on SPF and lightly-tinted moisturisers.
- Don’t neglect your body. Cooped up in long clothes all winter, dry skin on knees and elbows can be a real problem in spring. Make sure you stay moisturised.
The seasons are ever-changing, but with a few clever tweaks your spring skin concerns will vanish – leaving you with a spring glow to be proud of.