We’ve got the answer to all your SkinBase™ questions, and if we don’t, just ask.
These are some of our most commonly asked questions about radio frequency treatments. If you have any other questions, drop us a line using this form.
What Are the Benefits of RF over other treatments?
- It’s non-invasive; no needles or knives involved!
- There’s no down-time after the treatment meaning you can get straight back to your day
- It uses the body’s own natural healing abilities to gain results
- The treatment is painless
- It helps with muscle tone- Injectables and fillers can actually damage and reduce muscle tone. Radio Frequency actually improves muscle tone meaning it is better for you in the long run
- Long lasting results- while injectable and filler results can last for around 3-4 months, improvements with Radio Frequency can be seen for up to 3 months with results lasting for up to 2 years
How quickly will I see results?
You should see results from your first treatment. The treatment is progressive so you will continue to see even better results after each treatment. After completion of your course you can continue to see results for up to 3 months.
Which areas can be treated?
Radio Frequency is effective on most areas of the face and body with loose or sagging skin. The face and neck are the most popular treatment areas however Radio Frequency can also be used on the stomach, arms, thighs & hips, to name a few. Read more…
Is the treatment painful?
The treatment should feel very warming on the skin but not painful. Most people find the treatment very relaxing and pleasant. The therapist will always ask for your feedback to ensure the treatment is enjoyable and not uncomfortable.
Are there any side effects to the treatment?
After the treatment, the skin may feel tight with mild redness. Therefore it is important that you use a good moisturiser. These effects normally subside within 36 hours of treatment.
I have suffered from reactions to other facials, will this be the same with The SkinBase RF?
The SkinBase RF treatment uses a sterile gel to improve contact with the skin. The gel is widely used in the medical industry and is not known to have any allergenic properties however your SkinBase therapist will provide a patch test on the relevant area before commencing a full course of treatment.
Ask Us A Question
Don’t see the answer to your question above? That’s OK, just drop us a line using the form below and we’ll get right back to you.