Here it is! Our weekly round up of the best beauty blogs out there. We’ve been bringing this post to you for a few weeks now and feedback is that you love knowing the latest beauty blogs to check out to pick up new tips! Let us know what you think
What Olivia did
For a 19 year old girl, blogger Olivia is already doing so well having scooped the title ‘Best new fashion blog’ at the 2011 Cosmopolitan blog awards, Shortlisted at the Company 2012 blog awards and highly commended as ‘Social Savvy Blog’ at the 2012 awards.
‘What Olivia Did…’ is a way of presenting her thoughts and ideas, as well as trends, music, must-bakes and places she currently loves as well as an outlet for her photography. We absolutely love it, it’s not as beauty focused as the other blogs we’ve mentioned in the past but her style is just to die for and well worth checking out for inspiration. We especially loved her recent documenting of her holiday and her holiday wardrobe, to die for – although I don’t think I could quite carry off the pineapple bag the way she does! Take a looksie!
What I heart today
Lily Pebbles is a lover of all things beauty and reading blogs, so of course it makes sense for her to draft her own blog and we’re so glad she does!
Many of us girlies love nothing more than getting spruced up for a big night out, and Lily is no different and one of the best things about her blog is when she talks us through the make up she is wearing.
It’s a great way of picking up handy make up tips and product recommendations and we couldn’t recommend it more highly!
We love this little blog, brought to us by Hanne. A good mix of beauty and lifestyle, it makes a very interesting read!
And, with holiday season fully upon us, her blog dedicated to in-flight beauty essentials couldn’t be more relevant
- One of my must-have in-flight beauty essentials is a facial spritzer and one of my favorites is the Eau de Beaute from Caudalie. I love the cool “wake me up” feeling it gives as well as it is hydrating my skin.
- The Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream is also great to keep with me onboard as it’s a multi purpose product – I use it on my lips, cuticles and dry patches. Lately I have discovered a good natural alternative, the Weleda Skin Food cream for rough, dry skin.
- Traveling can be stressful so to stay fresh I always bring a deodorant with me. A small sample of my favorite perfume, Chanel Mademoiselle, is always is my hand luggage as well. I don’t spritz on board as it might bother other passengers but I always put on a little bit right before leaving the plane.
- A moisturizing hand cream is a must-have in onboard as the air is super dry, I love the Ecorganic Hand Cream from Estelle & Thild.
- On long haul flights I always remove my makeup after take-off and the mini Bioderma Crealine H2O is perfect to keep in my hand luggage.
- The Lierac Diopti Calm Anti-Fatigue Balm and Mask Eye Cream is cooling, soothing, calming, it contains a high percentage of refreshing floral waters and can be used to treat sensitive or irritable eyelids.
- A travel sized tooth paste helps me feeling fresh at any time and it’s always with me when I’m traveling.
- I usually bring a moisturizer or a moisturizing mask as well, but only on long haul flights. A facial spritzer is enough for shorter flights.