If you have ever thought about trying IPL, now is the perfect opportunity. Next week many of our SkinBase IPL therapists are taking part in our promotional day which means you can get a great deal on a course of IPL. Let’s have a look at what IPL and also what the treatment options are. There might be more to IPL than you previously thought!
What is IPL?
IPL or ‘Intense Pulsed Light’ uses wavelengths of light energy to provide a range of aesthetic and therapeutic treatments. IPL is different from laser-based therapies as it uses a range of light wavelengths. This means IPL, using a range of filters can be used for a variety of treatments including hair reduction, photorejuvenation, acne and vascular lesions. Here’s a bit more about them…
IPL Permanent Hair reduction
One of the most popular and well known treatments for IPL is the reduction of unwanted hair. Just think of the time you spend on waxing and shaving let alone the costs of the products. The SkinBase IPL has proven itself time and again for permanent hair reduction. Used for hair reduction, IPL damages the follicle making it unable to support further hair growth. The number of treatments required will vary but you should expect to see significant results within 3-6 treatments.
IPL Acne treatment
SkinBase IPL for acne treats the affected area in a number of ways :
- Destroys the bacteria on the skin preventing new spots occurring.
- Prevents over-production of sebum and dramatically reduces inflammation.
- Stimulates collagen production reducing the appearance of scarring and improving skin texture.
IPL Vascular treatments
IPL vascular treatment uses filters to target red blood cells in the blood vessels. This causes damage to the vessel and the body’s natural repair mechanisms take over and remove the damaged tissue.
- Treats thread veins and rosacea in as little as two or three treatments.
- Remove campbell de morgan spots / cherry angiomas.
- Treats sun damage including age spots and pigmentation
- Reduces redness and uneven pigmentation
- Effectively reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Skin looks smoother and more even in appearance
Where can I get it done?
We have practitioners offering IPL treatments around the country on our IPL promotional day. The easiest way for you to find them is using our therapist finder below. Pop in your postcode and select IPL from the dropdown.