This is a question we are asked a lot here at SkinBase and it seems no matter how many times we all repeat the mantra ‘growing old gracefully’, the vast majority of us still lust after youthful skin.
Ageing skin and a gradual increase in fine lines and wrinkles (particularly forehead wrinkles) on our faces is something we will all face in our lifetime.
Often these fine lines and wrinkles can leave us looking older than we feel and really play on our confidence. Many of us would like to see our ageing skin regain its elasticity and look and feel rejuvenated.
You can’t control certain factors, like falling oestrogen levels that lead to sagging skin or the genetics that give you a particular bone structure. But there are also plenty of external influences on how your skin ages — and the right anti-ageing care can help blunt their damage.
Here are some of the best anti-ageing tips:
Focus as much on what you put in your body as on what you put on your skin.
Younger skin starts with the nutrients that reach it from inside the body. The skin is the body’s largest organ, after all. So diet directly affects how you visibly age.
How to do this:
- Take a vitamin D supplement.
- Eat plenty of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. Ideally they should come from natural sources, including olive oil, ground flaxseed, and fish such as salmon. Fish-oil supplements are another source of these important fats, which help protect the moisture barrier. This is the protective top layer of skin that keeps moisture in but tends to thin as you age, causing dry skin.
- Drink water — in all its forms — all day long. A litre a day is a good minimum start. Different body types, such as athletes, need more. Count green tea and coffee in your daily total, but go easy on the alcohol. Red wine does contain beneficial antioxidants, but it can also dilate blood vessels, contributing to the ruddy-faced skin inflammation called rosacea that tends to strike women in midlife.
- Cut way back on processed foods and sugars (another reason to watch the wine intake). They promote inflammation, a biochemical process that damages the normal production of dermal cells.
Halve your sun exposure.
If you’ve heard a version of this one before, it’s because dermatologists agree that UV exposure is the number-one skin-ager out there. Sun damages elastin and causes a loss of collagen, which translates to drooping, a lost jawline, and wrinkles. It also adds discoloration and roughens texture. Not least, UV rays are the main cause of skin cancers, an aging risk that goes beyond the mere cosmetic.
How to do this:
- One word: sunblock. Use a full tablespoon of sunscreen with a sun-protection factor (SPF) of at least 30 on your face, spreading it to your neck and ears. Know that older skin tends to be more vulnerable to the effects of the sun than younger skin.
- If you tend to forget sunscreen, try the newish makeup bases and moisturisers with UV-protection built in. On the downside, you might not get the optimum amount of SPF, but Madfes says that the plus for many women is that at least they remember some protection every day — which is better than going without.
- Wear UV-protective clothing. A host of new apparel blocks UV rays while wicking away moisture, making these clothes especially good for outdoor exercise.
- Exercise outside in the early morning or late afternoon. If you can, avoid sun between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., when UV rays are most potent.
Cosmetic procedures that can help skin regenerate.
The SkinBase Facial™ is a perfect example of this as it works as a targeted and effective anti wrinkle facial treatment. The vacuum of the anti wrinkle microdermabrasion facial works to stimulate the production of collagen in the facial lines of the skin. As we age elastin and collagen production starts to slow down. The combination of collagen stimulation and increased skin renewal will improve the condition of the skin’s surface smoothing out fine lines and deep forehead wrinkles – a proven anti wrinkle skin care treatment.
Noticeable after just one ‘fine line busting’ treatment, The SkinBase Facial™ leaves wrinkled skin looking fresh and smooth as soon as the treatment is over. With SkinBase anti wrinkle microdermabrasion treatment, there is no recovery time and no discomfort – only a noticeable difference to fine lines and wrinkles.
Why The SkinBase Facial™ as an Anti Wrinkle Treatment for Fine Lines?
- The most popular and effective technique for smoothing fine lines & forehead wrinkles
- Simple and quick to perform on wrinkled skin / fine lines
- Reveals younger-looking skin and acts as an anti ageing skin care treatment
- Lunchtime facial (you can be back at work, fine line free, within the hour!)
- Stimulates collagen to dispel fine lines and increase wrinkled skin’s renewal
Take a look to see just how effective The SkinBase Facial™ is as an anti wrinkle treatment on fine lines, wrinkles & forehead wrinkles.