Sock buns are the hairstyle of the summer. Perfect for everything from weddings to work, these gorgeous towering, luscious buns take just minutes to perfect, and will leave your friends envious of your overnight super volume.
How to create the sock bun:
- Start by blow-drying hair with a boar bristle brush.
- Once hair is dry, apply a dime-sized drop of smoothing serum to the shafts and ends of hair.
- Using a fine-tooth comb to smooth out bumps, slick hair back into a high ponytail at the crown of your head and secure it with an elastic.
- Cut off the end of a clean, unwanted sock (where your toes would be), and roll it up into a donut shape.
- Place the sock around the base of the ponytail so that it is tightly against your head.
- Tilt your head slightly forward and spread your ponytail evenly around the sock so that half of your hair is toward the top of the sock, pointing toward your forehead, and half is at the bottom, pointing toward your back.
- Use a second hair elastic to wrap and secure hair around the outside of the sock, creating a ballerina-bun at the crown of your head.
- Twist remaining hair in one direction and use bobby-pins to tuck and clip the ends underneath your bun.
- Finish with a light application of hairspray.
Voilà – who would have thought there was a sock in there?
Images speak louder than…