We are very pleased to announce our SkinBase therapists have raised £2406 for Breast Cancer charity Breast Cancer Now in just the first week of our fundraising campaign for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. We are so overwhelmed by how amazingly this week has gone! This is such an important cause, thank you to everyone who has had a treatment and performed a treatment this month.
What we are doing
For the entire month of October, SkinBase is donating a £1 from every SkinBase treatment carried out. We have a network of over 2000 therapists offering treatments around the UK and Ireland so there is bound to be someone near you! Find your nearest therapist now and help raise money for a fantastic cause.
October is all about raising awareness for Breast Cancer and as well as raising money that is what we are trying to do. Common breast cancer signs and symptoms include:
- a lump or swelling in the breast, upper chest or armpit – you might feel the lump but not see it
- a change to the skin, such as puckering or dimpling
- change in the colour of the breast – the breast may look red or inflamed
- a change to the nipple, for example it has become pulled in (inverted)
- rash or crusting around the nipple
- any unusual liquid (discharge) from either nipple
- changes in size or shape of the breast
How to check your breasts
Checking your breasts only takes a few minutes. There’s no special technique and you don’t need training to check your breasts.
Check the whole breast area, including your upper chest and armpits.
Do this regularly to check for changes.
It’s as simple as TLC: Touch Look Check
- Touch your breasts: can you feel anything unusual?
- Look for changes: does anything look different?
- Check any changes with your GP