We were skimming through the beauty, fashion and lifestyle bible Harpers Bazaar recently when we came across an article which originated from Cosmopolitan.com. As lovers of all things beauty hack (basically beauty tips which save us time and money) we really wanted to share with you some of their top eyeliner hacks which will really open your eyes!
You can read the full article here.
1.) Make your eye makeup last longer by setting your eyeliner with a matching eye shadow.
First, line your eyes with a pencil liner, and then lightly dust eye shadow in the same shade on top to hold the liner in place.
2) Use a pencil liner as a guide for tricky liquid liners.
If your hand isn’t steady enough for liquid eyeliner, line your eyes first with a pencil liner, and then trace over it with liquid.
3) Make a less pigmented eyeshadow more vibrant by covering your eyelid with a white eyeliner first.
Helping to cancel out the colour of your skin, this will create an even base for the addition of colourful eye shadow – making the colour pop!
4) Create your own custom eyeliner with a wet liner brush and eyeshadow.
The wet brush will darken the pigments a bit and create a sharp look like a liner.
5) If you have monolids, use a gel or liquid liner and draw a thick arch to create the perfect line.
If your eyelids hide your eyeliner, try drawing an arched line above your lash line a little thicker than you think. When you open your eyes, you’ll have perfect-size lines.
6) Use white eyeliner as a brow highlighter for an instant eye lift.
Line below and above your eyebrows with a thick white liner, and smudge it out with a sponge brush to define your brows.
7) Make your own gel liner by warming the tip of a kohl liner with a lighter.
Hold the tip of the liner right above the flame for a few seconds, and then test the pencil on the back of your hand before lining your eyes.
8) If getting a perfect line is too challenging, draw a rough line first, and then sharpen it with a cotton swab and petroleum jelly.
Sometimes erasing mistakes is easier than trying to nail it the first time.
9) For a really natural look, tightline your liner by applying it in between the lashes instead of across the top of the lash line.
The easiest way to do this is to fill in your top lashes from the underside. This will make your eyelashes look fuller but won’t leave you looking too made up.
10) Simplify drawing a straight line by lining your eyes with dots first, and then connecting them.
Make sure your dots aren’t too big. They should be the same size that you’d like the width of your line to be.
Enjoy! Do you have any other tips to add?
All images courtesy Kathleen Kamphausen